Cool Beans


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

i am writing to you from the future. it is good.







Today i got my mac laptop (it's part of this programme at school where all the year nines and tens get laptops.) Jealous? oh yeahhh. it was also the first day of school. oh. um. YEAH, WELL.... it got me into the kinda mood where you dance around doing the robot and talking in a monotone voice. In a way i kinda feel like I'm giving into some new cult of materialistic nerds -who only care about their wow score (world of war craft. I'm kinda scared that i know that) This new technology kinda freaks me out cause i don't want everyone to turn into mindless slobs who spend their lives writing blogs which no-one reads. (hey! that sounds like some one i know!)  I don't have TV reception where i live (and i don't want it anyway...) but when i tell people, after they ask me if i think Johnie or Patricia should have won biggest loser it comes as complete shock. Normally the questions that follow are "but, like, what do you do???" or "wow! i didn't know you were that poor..." People say that they feel sorry for me, the outcast that doesn't know who the latest Australian idol is it. But it's not me they should feel sorry for. Spending their nights watching TV they don't really want to watch but there's nothing else on, soo... It's the same with apple. I didn't have an ipod (i do now) and the shock was quite funny to see. So now i have a mac i somehow feel disappointed. Is that just crazy? Should i feel more grateful? Because i definitely do. But i just feel guilty i guess.. It's meant to help us you know SO MUCH with our school work, but what about the 3rd world countries with kids who don't even have pencil's and paper to write with. Wouldn't it help them SO MUCH MORE? So here i am. Totally hypocritically writing how materialistic and narrow minded people are, typing away on my macbook.  I DUNNO!!! Ah..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments